Congratulations (if a little late) to our November Athlete of the month, Srini! Srini is one of the most positive members of our little community. He is always eager to do more and improve, regardless of how much work it entails. My favorite thing about Srini is that even if he leaves work late and doesn’t have the time to work out, he will still show up the class and say “hi,” just so he feels that he showed up to CrossFit. The guy brightens up my day. Here is what the November superstar had to say:
1. Tell us a little about yourself and what made you try Crossfit?
I loved sports as a kid and I felt misplaced with the 9 to 5 job. I tried gyms (treadmill, weights, etc) but never had the intense workout satisfaction until I tried Crossfit.
2. What is your favorite Crossfit memory? Or best accomplishment so far?
Crossfit memory: Filthy Fifty. Love it. The best so far. Also working out with fellow Crossfitters is very encouraging. All working towards a common goal. Coach Isaac has the eye for detail and Coach Nick does an awesome job encouraging and answering questions. Great coaches.
Accomplishment: I never had the strength to even do one pull up. Now I can do 10!
3. If you could design your ideal workout, what would it be?
Ladder of Crunches (20/14 lbs ball), Wall ball (20/14), Pull ups, Burpees
– Repetitions go from 1 through 10 and back to 1. (The high number can be set based on time limit, class level etc).
1. 1 Crunch, 1 Wall ball, 1 Pull up, 1 Burpee
2. 2 Crunches, 2 Wall balls, 2 Pull ups, 2 Burpees
… all the way to 10 and back to 1.
4. What would you tell someone who wants to try Crossfit but is too intimidated to check it out?
Show up to the class, Exercise, Repeat.